In response to

A Love Letter from Emilie Blachère to Rémi Ochlik

A letter from someone loving to a loved one.Instantly evoking 2 main questions such as "what is love" and "what is passion".
For the letter was written by a loving to a loved one.
And that love, by my judging, was supported through a fascination and respect towards someone who followed his calling.
Someone who was eager and fortunate enough to know what he was looking for in a young age and who, tragically lost his life doing it.

It made me think about "the real thing" what I'd die for, and what I wouldn't.

Do you know?
Can you define your 5 main values on the spot?
Honestly, I had to think about it. Which is something I plan to change. (Seems handy to know at least one or two things you'd like to die for, doesn't it? Shift those values a bit per day; just like you strech in that weekly yoga classes - push it just a little more.)
Jokes aside, on these few lines, I don't want to get too deep but I strongly believe that giving importance to once life is the sole purpose of life.
Harold S. Kushner sums up what Victor E. Frankl's discusses in his "Man's Search for Meaning": '[...]that life is meaningful and that we must learn to see life as meaningful despite our circumstances'.
You will never be able to become something specific whilst being unaware.
It has been a little more than a year since the death of the mentioned photographer who spent his life photographing the disasters of this world and I regret that I couldn't have seen his work while he was alive. I take him and Emilie as an eye opener.
I wish for many courageous human beings to follow their calling and should they not know it, to find strength in their environment to keep searching. I hope to meet some of them but moreso to build an environment of support, love and courage.
Support your friends with their love and passions, find your own.
What values do we life by and how ofter might we use an excuse, an "I'll do it tomorrow"?




No comments:

Post a Comment